Four Months!

 

I didn't even realize today was four months until I looked at my tracker. I think that is consistent with where I'm at in my journey. I don't think about not drinking nearly as often. I used to soak up quit lit every day for the first few months. Now, I listen to the 9021OMG podcast or career development books on my walks. 

We are celebrating my husband's birthday this weekend. I'm not even sad that I "can't" drink with him in celebration. It will be the the first of our birthdays together without me drinking. I will love him up and celebrate his awesomeness, but I will do it sober.

I still scroll through the "stop drinking" subreddit, but not every day. I still check my counter app, but not every day. Not drinking is slowly becoming more a part of my identity. I have read a lot of stories about people who have "drinking dreams." These dreams are common, especially early on after quitting. I never had them until this last week. I had two drinking dreams. They were odd, and I was glad that it was just a dream when I woke up. 

My kids haven't said anything, and they would if they really noticed that something was different. That means that they weren't really aware that I used to drink wine and beer on a regular basis with Dad. My daughter has picked up my sparkling water addiction though. 

I am so excited about my new job that marks the start of a new career for me. Working full-time after not for 3.5 years, makes me really protective of the time I do have on the evenings and weekends. I just don't want to waste any of that time not being fully present, or being unnecessarily tired or not feeling my best. I have no doubt that I will reach five months, and celebrate my 39th birthday sober. 

Comments

Popular Posts