My Daughter Finally Noticed

Today was our first time going out to eat since I quit drinking. To really put me to the test, we went to a brewery. Putting me to the test was actually not the intention, it was just where my husband wanted to go to celebrate his birthday. 

They have a ton of beer on tap - even GF beer. However, they did not have any alcohol free beer. Nor did they have ice tea, soda water, or lemonade. All they had was either water or root beer. My kids hesitantly ordered root beer. I settled for water. My son didn't like the root beer, so I decided to drink his. This is when my daughter finally asked me "Why aren't you drinking beer?" I told her that I haven't had any beer or wine in over four months. She replied "Really?!" She didn't ask why. We just lifted our root beers in a cheers and moved on. 

I'll know to call ahead next time to find out what my beverage options will be, instead of being disappointed right out of the gate. The food was good. The company was great. I survived my first brewery sober!

Comments

Popular Posts