Friday with Friends

 

Another sober Friday in the books! This one was noteworthy because we went to a small dinner party (two other couples). We told them ahead of time that we would bring AF drinks (variety of kombucha flavors). I try not to have any kombucha except when socializing, so that it feels different/special. The brown bottles look and feel like beer bottles too. 

None of us had any alcohol. These friends of ours aren't big drinkers, but I'm pretty sure they all would have had 2-3 that night if we had been drinking. I have some very sweet and supportive friends! It was great practice for us with friends who are very comfortable, and easy to hang out with. 

We both drove to the house due to scheduling logistics. Normally, we would have negotiated which one of us was going to be D.D. We left at 9:30 (we likely would have stayed much later had we been drinking). We were in bed by 10:30. My husband fell right to sleep. I was craving my wind-down reading time. In the past, we would have come home and continued drinking while watching a movie or TV. 

I STILL woke up with a headache on my Saturday morning. I had two kombucha at the dinner. Normally, I drink a lot more water in the evenings so I'm guessing that's why. Still, I'd much rather wake up with a headache and my pride than regretting my choices the night before. The more we socialize without alcohol, the easier and less weird it will be. 

Comments

Popular Posts