Fatigue, Mood Swings & Confirmation

I survived our first night with the Hubby drinking! Not going to lie, I was grumpy for the first part of the evening. We had plans to have a "date night" at home. We were going to watch grown-up Christmas movies and wrap presents. At 6:00 PM, I felt like I just wanted to get in bed to read and sleep. I do know that I am extra tired these days. I attribute that to feeling every feeling of every day, without wine (and none planned in the foreseeable future). It's also dark, almost winter, we are staying home due to Covid, and we have to do school here (not my favorite). So, there are a lot of reasons to be tired. Not having my wine pick-me-up, is new for my mind and body. 

I know my wanting to go to sleep at 6:00 yesterday evening, was more about being emotional about hubby having beer and wine. One thing I know about myself is that when things are new, or I fear/worry/have anxiety about a situation, my default is to be grumpy. Once I see that I'm doing it, getting through it, and the initial discomfort has passed - I'm much better. Fortunately, I wasn't grumpy towards him. I eventually perked up and we had a fun night. We are so ahead of our usual Christmas schedule! Not only have we already done all of our shopping, we are almost all done with wrapping!

One funny thing that happened last night was when we were video-chatting with a friend (who doesn't know that Hubby and I took November off from drinking). The friend asked if I was drunk already (in a friendly/playful way). My husband told him that I hadn't had a drink in 29 days, and that was just normal me. It confirmed what my best friend told me last month - that I don't need alcohol to be fun, and that my personality is the same with or without alcohol. 

Comments

Popular Posts