Six Weeks!

 

Six weeks today! That feels like a pretty big deal. I'm proud of myself. Only three people know, but they are proud of me too. The craving for the taste is gone. Last night, I actually told my husband I want to look up some fancy & refreshing mocktail recipes for Christmas and New Years...and I meant it! The only time recently that I felt sad about not drinking was watching a HGTV tropical vacation show. I tried to remind myself that when I get to an exotic island, I want to remember and feel good every second of the vacation! 

I realize that I'm still in a quarantine bubble, and that is making this WAY easier. My husband has only drank two of the last 42 days. That is also AMAZING! It will be 50 days on Christmas (that feels special too), and I'll be at two months by the time that the quarantine is up in our state. Telling people who ask me why I'm not drinking, that I haven't had a drink in two months, feels pretty solid. It's more convincing than "I quit drinking yesterday." Of course, the only person you have to convince is yourself, and people who love and care about you will be supportive. 

Comments

Popular Posts