Timing

 

Our bed has needed to be replaced for at least a couple of years. It has always felt like too big of an investment, and other things took priority. Our bed finally bit the dust though - just before Christmas. It made for some terrible nights of sleep leading up to the special holiday. Yesterday, we decided to start the process and at least go to one store (assuming we'd have to shop around at lots of stores before we found what we wanted). We were in and out in less than an hour, and our new bed will arrive this afternoon!

The timing feels perfect. Symbolic. I am making the best choice and most necessary choice for my current and future health. I will be rewarded each day melting into my new mattress that is not lumpy/bumpy/hilly, and a bed frame that isn't broken and super loud! 

My hubby got me a gift certificate for a massage for Christmas. I love getting a massage, but I figured it was pointless until we got a new bed that didn't hurt. Yay! I get to schedule my massage now!

My new nightly routine also feels worthy of our new bed (not that you have to earn a good night of sleep!). I used to brush my teeth, wash my face with a wet wash cloth and call it good. Now every night I brush, floss, do some type of teeth whitening treatment, and wear one of my variety of face masks that creep my kids out. I can't wait to see how my sleep improves and my body feels with our new bed. Updates forthcoming! 

Comments

Popular Posts