Energy

It's day 75, and I feel like I'm becoming more in tune with my energy patterns. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day in the Pacific Northwest. You really have to take advantage of those days here. My dog and I went on two long walks. I felt like I could have kept going and going. Imagine if I lived in a place where it was sunny all of the time! 

Earlier on in this AF "break," I felt like I could sleep all day. At dinner time, I would be especially tired. I felt like I could go to bed for the night. I think that was because of the dark days of late fall and early winter, the energy it took to break the habit of having wine while making and eating dinner, and feeling all the feelings without wine. 

I'm finding that some days I don't need as much sleep as I used to crave. I've had lots of nights where I turned the light out and tried to go to sleep at my scheduled time, but I wasn't tired. So, I tossed and turned and tried not to peek at the time. That little game where if I see how much time is passing, it makes me worried about not getting enough sleep, and then that worry keeps me up.

Now, I get in bed for our "Relaxi Taxi" time (a term I got from Phoebe on Friends years ago). We have our house hunter shows on in the background, while we read and chat. I've learned not to turn out the light until I'm really tired. So, I read until I'm at risk of my book falling on my face, and then I turn out the light and sleep like a baby. 

I should work on the quantity and timing of my coffee and green tea consumption, but one thing at a time! 

Comments

Popular Posts