Progress

 

We are blessed to have Grandparents who live near us. Our kids look forward to the opportunity to have sleepovers with them. They have had these sleepovers a handful of times in the past 72 days. My husband and I of course appreciate the break. He cooks a yummy dinner, and we watch Schitt's Creek - uninterrupted. 

That first hour after I get home from dropping them off...has been a little uncomfortable. It's odd to have a free night, no kids, and not pop open a bottle of wine. After that initial time passes, and I settle in to my new normal, I don't think about what's missing. 

Last night was the first sleepover, when I didn't have that odd feeling during the first hour of our night off. My husband was even enjoying his beer and wine. I wasn't jealous at all. I enjoyed a delicious new meal, coffee and sparkling water, getting further along in Schitt's Creek and good sleep. Now, I'm up early enjoying quiet alone time. I'm excited and energized for the day. Progress. Life is better this way. 

Comments

Popular Posts