Rejection

I've recently been applying for jobs. I've stayed home with my little ones for the last few years, only working very part-time for the past year (off and on due to the pandemic). I'm ready to re-enter the workforce, and take some pressure off of my husband. My kids are seven and ten now. While my seven-year-old is very much my baby and doesn't mind being babied, he's old enough to handle and understand the need for two working parents. 

I found a position that I thought would be a perfect fit. I had two rounds of interviews. I felt pretty confident that I would be hired. I've been offered a position with every job I've ever interviewed for, even as a teenager. I got an email yesterday saying that they have chosen a different candidate. Whoa. That was a blow to the ego and very humbling. 

The rejection was a very icky feeling of course - a big emotion that I was not expecting. I was never a "wallow in my sorrows" type of drinker. In fact, negative emotions usually would make alcohol unappealing to me. So, I'm not surprised that I wasn't tempted to drink yesterday. 

What I think I can attribute to 84 days without alcohol is how easily I bounced back, my acceptance of the reality, and my eventual positive attitude. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and that the position I wasn't chosen for wasn't meant for me. There are a lot of opportunities out there. I know that when I find it, it will be clear to me why this other position didn't work out. I'm thanking God for unanswered prayers, and am ready to see what else he has in store for me!

Comments

Popular Posts