Ten Fridays

 

This is my tenth Friday/weekend without drinking. During self-imposed drinking breaks in the past, I would get SO grumpy on Friday afternoons. My thinking back then was that I had nothing to look forward to, and I was so left out. I don't have those feelings at all anymore. They do pass. 

What I currently have to look forward to on the weekends is not having to do distance learning/school with my kids, and sleeping in. I also have more time for the following: walks, yoga, reading, bubble baths, house projects, and grown-up shows with the hubby. That is all plenty exciting for me! 

I don't feel left out at all - but there are only two adults in the house, and we aren't gathering with others during this time. My husband has only drank five or six times in my 64 days - I'm SO proud of him! I might be jealous during his first one or two, but not at all after that. That is so important to remember when restrictions lift and we start gathering. It will be hard for the first hour, when people are having their first one or two drinks. However, the feeling passes. I'll be SO glad I opted out at the end of the night, and the next morning. 

One thing I look forward to when things return to normal, is attending the Saturday morning Zumba class at my gym. That will negate my sleeping in luxury, but it's the best of the Zumba classes offered at my gym - it's worth it! I only made it to two or three of those before, because the Friday night drinks took priority. 

Comments

Popular Posts