Beer Me (I'm Irish)!

 

Well, here I am. My first sober St. Patrick's Day. In the past, this was an excuse to drink on a school/work night. I'll admit it - in my younger/single days, I wore cute little "Kiss me, I'm Irish" shirts. I am Irish - but that doesn't mean that I have to drink or kiss strangers on St. Patrick's Day. 

It hasn't felt weird today/tonight. I had a great day at work while wearing my flashing/light-up shamrock earrings. I'm about to relax in the bubble bath, and get a great night of sleep.

I know that there are harder days ahead. Spring, sunshine, BBQs, events where I'm the only adult not drinking, etc. I have a plan for those days...Brew Dr. Kombucha! I haven't found a GF and alcohol free beer that I like. Brew Dr. removes the alcohol from their kombucha, and their bottles almost look and feel like beer bottles. I'm hopeful that will do the trick! Cheers!

Comments

  1. Happy St. Patty's Day! So glad we found each other. Yes--I hear you about the difficult days ahead. Last summer fire-pitting with friends was a regular occurrence...and always with adult beverages. We shall find our way together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts