Oh My Goodness!

 

I'm trying to not get too excited...but my husband shared with me yesterday that he is done with drinking!!! 

Like me, over the years he has said that he should be done. He has taken two breaks since we've been together. Once for three weeks, and the other break was just over a month. 

What is different is that this time he's saying he's done for good, and he's never said that before. Plus, he has downloaded a sober app which he has never done before, AND he joined a virtual sober community. 

This feels way too good to be true - like there is no way my life could possible be that blessed, but why not me/us?! Regardless of whether or not he continues on his path, I will stay on mine. But...EEK!!!!...I really hope we get to share this sober life together!!!

Comments

  1. WOW! That's fabulous. My husband isn't completely sober but he could really take it or leave it. So in the previous six months he's mostly left it and been so supportive. And he also doesn't have the connection that I have. That's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a supportive spouse makes a world of difference! I don't know how people do it if their spouses aren't supportive of their sobriety.

      Delete
    2. Same here! I think this journey is helping both of us be better spouses to and with one another.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts