39 & Feeling Fine!

I did it! My first sober birthday since I was a teenager. We had a lovely tea party at my parent's house last Sunday. We went out for pizza on Monday night at a new place in town. I wasn't even thinking at all about it being weird or sad to not drink at my birthday dinner. We got up to the cash register to pay for our pizza, and there were cans of beer and wine to grab yourself. Right there at our finger tips. That was tough for both of us. Unexpected and very tempting. We didn't do it though!

Yesterday (actual birthday) I woke at 5 AM and went for a sunrise walk with my dog. I had a busy day at work, lots of sweet messages and surprises from my friends, went to my son's baseball practice, got a facial, and ended the night in bed with the hubby watching Bridgerton. 

I'm proud of myself. Most of the time it's easy. The sun/warm weather is the most challenging part. If I get through this spring and summer and create new associations with sun, it will be smooth sailing!


Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations! First sober birthday. That's a BFD. The tea party sounds lovely. I imagine the temptation at the cash register. Good for you both.
    Delighted to be creating some new associations with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts