Uncharted Territory (at least for me)

It's been 170 days. It is getting more challenging in ways as the world opens back up, and seemingly everyone's spring and summer plans involve alcohol. It's hard to not have the feelings of "That's not fair," "What did I do?," "This was a stupid idea," etc. 

Most of my friends and family know. The next hurdle is my new work friends. Not that I think they'd care, but the conversation is imminent. That bandaid will be ripping soon! 

I know what life with alcohol is like. It was a part of my life for decades. Every party, holiday, vacation, wedding, birthday, sunny day, BBQ, book club meeting, Bunco night, girls nights, dates, concerts, movie nights, weekend brunch, football game, and on and on. 

I'm only five months deep into an alcohol free life. So much to learn and discover. As challenging as it might be at times, I know that there are only good things to become of this. 

Comments

Popular Posts