What would your planned quarantine look like?

How would you have done your quarantine/shelter-in-place experience differently, if you knew what you know now? If you had time and notice to prepare? To be honest the beginning of quarantine was fun for us. We treated it as a staycation. We played games, watched tons of Luxury Tiny Home shows, made cocktails, lots of wine, etc. 

I did read a lot of books, took a lot of bubble baths and went on at least one long dog walk a day. Often times my dog and I would go out twice a day. I learned to be comfortable with just being, and not achieving or being productive. Those were important gifts and lessons. 

Eventually the alcohol became an every day thing. Something we thought surely would be short-lived, but we didn't realize how long quarantine was going to last. Of course the most significant and life changing of these gifts was quitting drinking, and all the healing that took place individually and as a couple. 

Now that I've fallen back in love with yoga, it's hard not to imagine where I'd be in my practice if I had incorporated yoga every day during quarantine. If we knew that we were heading back to shelter-in-place, I would stock pile books, bubble bath, more yoga props and accessories, practice yoga every day, and spend more time writing.

I suppose it's a good exercise in focusing our attention on the things we really want to do. If you had more time, what would you spend it on? How about making more time for those things without a local or world-wide lock down? Life is short - feed your soul and light your own fire.  

Comments

Popular Posts