Treatment

On September 30, 2021 my Dad started treatment. The plan was to receive immunotherapy infusions every three weeks. He would go in on a Wednesday for a blood draw. The results of his draw for that week, would determine the infusion cocktail for the following Friday (or that was my understanding). It all sounded so hopeful. I love a plan!

The location of the tumor was already reducing his quality of life. Imagine having a large tumor in your rectum, and having to sit, drive, ride in a car, etc. He was fighting through the pain, and still trying to keep up with life's activities. My Dad was still going to my son's, baseball practices and games, taking my daughter to gymnastics, etc. 

Just like the chemotherapy he received for his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, the immunotherapy for his Internal Melanoma did not bother him. This was a relief and gave us even more hope. He is Superman!


Comments

Popular Posts