It's Time to Move

 

I received a call one day from my husband while I was at work. That was unusual - normally he would have sent a text. He told me that he got a call from a mentor/friend and there was a potential job opportunity for him. I knew where this friend's headquarters are located and I was not on board. We lived in Washington state. I did not want to move to Chicago where it's even more cold. 

He told me that the job is not in Chicago, it's some place warm and sunny. I geared up to fight. I've lived in WA my whole life. I'm very proud of our home, our neighborhood, I have a job, the kids whole lives have been here. We always thought they would graduate from their hometown, etc., etc.

The thing that still fascinates me/lights me up is that I didn't have any fight in me. My body and my mind just knew we were doing this. Intuitively, I knew this was the right path/forward momentum that was needed. 

One we made up our minds that we were doing this, we emptied our four bedroom house in 7.5 weeks. We drove our family of four and two dogs sixteen hours to embark on our new chapter. At 42-years-old, I feel like I get to create the life that I want. Not the life that was given to me or a life that makes sense to all people. Much like my tattoo, I didn't ask people what they thought. I told my most trusted loved ones that this is what I/we want and the doors opened to thoughtful support, guidance and assistance. 

When I stopped drinking almost four years ago, that laid the foundation for so many good things to follow. You have to work for those good things, you have to be open to recognizing those good things, and you have to be willing to receive them and trust them when they are presented to you. That can be overwhelming or it can be exciting. It's fun to learn how to search for and recognize the guidance and messages that are there for you when you are ready to notice. 

Comments

Popular Posts